“#MyMushroomToast – Win 10K for your cafe” COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Competition: Game of Skill – My Mushroom Toast competition | Win 10K for your café.
Promoter: Australian Mushrooms Growers Association (ABN 30 001 491 461) (AMGA) of Level 3, 33-35 Atchison St, St Leonards, NSW 2065. Phone: (02) 9421 8600 on behalf of Australian Mushrooms.
Entry Restrictions: The competition is open to Australian residents only, who hold proof of residency. The competition is open in all states to Australian cafes* and entries are only valid for ABN holders. Any representative of the cafe may enter on behalf of the cafe, and entries must be posted on a social media account representing the café.
Entrants must be over aged 18 and over. Employees of the Promoter, the Prize Supplier(s) and associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
*Cafe – Independent food outlets that serve coffee/beverages as their main offering and food as their auxiliary offering. This excludes large chains of 20 cafes or more, and includes coffee shops and includes cafés providing three meal segments that are Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch as well as Snack meals. In general, it does not offer a dinner service. Hence, their normal operating hours are 6-7am to 3-4pm daily. Cafe/Coffee Chain – A Cafe within a chain of Cafe outlets that serve coffee/beverages as their main offering and food as their auxiliary offering. Providing three meal segments Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch as well as Snack meals. In general, it does not offer a dinner service. Hence, their normal operating hours are 6-7am to 3-4pm daily. The judging panel will review the shortlisted candidates to ensure they fit the criteria for ‘cafe’. This will be at judges discretion using this definition as a guide.
Commences: 8:00am AEDT on Thursday 1 September 2022.
Closes: 4:00pm AEDT on Monday 31st October 2022.
Competition duration: 8 weeks.
Maximum Number of Entries: One entry per cafe.
How to enter:
During the Competition Period, entrants are required to:
- Create their own signature mushrooms on toast dish (or use their own existing mushrooms on toast dish). Dish requirements
- The hero ingredient of the dish must be the white agaricus cup mushroom. Other ingredients and other mushrooms can feature in the dish, but the white cup mushroom must be prominent in the dish
- There must be a ‘toast’ element to the dish
- The #mymushroomtoast dish must be available on the cafe menu – or communicated as a special in the cafe during the competition period
- Take a photo of their dish, and share it on their cafe’s social media channels (Instagram or Facebook only).
- Tag @AustralianMushrooms and use the hashtag #mymushroomtoast
- Provide a description of the dish in social media post caption eg provide dish name, ingredients, flavours and characteristics. It would be helpful to also explain why the cafe’s mymushroomtoast dish should be named the winner within the social media caption.
We encourage entrants to register their details on the Australian Mushrooms website competition page – http://australianmushrooms.com.au/foodservice/competition/ to receive guidance, tips and inspiration related to the competition.
The Major Prize winner will receive $10,000 (including GST) to spend on their cafe.
Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges in the first week of November 2022 and the winning entry will be chosen by the panel of #mymushroomtoast competition judges by Thursday 10th November 2022.
The judging will take place via a virtual meeting by a judging panel of representatives from the food industry and Hort Innovation, appointed by the Australian Mushroom Growers’ Association. Selection of winner will be based on the following judging criteria:
- How appetizing/ mouthwatering does the dish look?
- Are white cup mushrooms the star?
- Do the flavours in the description of the dish work well together/ quality of the dish description in the caption
Prize Winner Notification:
Major Prize Winner will be notified by social media on Thursday 10th November 2022.
The winning cafe and state will be published on the Australian Mushrooms website on Thursday 10th November 2022.
How to redeem the Prize:
The promoter will notify the winners of their win, and update the winners on how to redeem the prize via social media. Winners will have 4 weeks to respond to the promoter to confirm they’d like to claim the prize.
Once the winner has replied confirming they would like to claim the prize, they will have a period of 3 months to provide supporting invoices for expenditure made within that 3 month period and invoices will be reimbursed to them for the value of up to $10,000. All invoices for reimbursement will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2023.
If the winner cannot be contacted after 4 weeks of the winner announcement, the Promoter or its the nominated agent will then select another winner from all valid entries. Second chance winners will be notified by social media by 8 December 2022 and published on the Australian Mushrooms website when chosen.
Conditions of use of the Prize :
Prize money must be spent within the winning cafe business. (Therefore, entries are only valid for ABN holders).
Receipts must be provided as proof that purchases made with the $10,000 prize money are related to the cafe business, and so that AMGA can reimburse the winner to the value of up to $10,000. The prize money can be spent on any of the following for the winning cafe:
- Kitchen Equipment (Kitchen equipment, tools and appliances)
- POS technology or software
- Fresh Produce
- Lease of commercial premises
- Cafe upgrades like decor, furniture, tableware or menus
Cannot be sent on:
- Staff and or wages costs
Winner to please send all invoices for reimbursement to email@example.com by 28 February 2023 as per above in How To Redeem The Prize.
General Terms and Conditions
- By uploading publishing, transmitting or making available any data, user content or other material to the Australian Mushrooms, including but not limited to sharing social media posts using specific hashtags (#) in line with a campaign we might be running at the time, you grant the Australian Mushrooms and its affiliates, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide and fully sub-licensable right to use, communicate, reproduce, modify adapt, publish any such content, including but not limited to text, images, videos, graphics, audio, and photographs without attribution.
- Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information relating to the Competition and the above Schedule form part of the terms and conditions for the Competition. The Promoter may vary these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion, subject to the approval of the relevant state authorities.
- Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions above.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the process outlined in the How to enter Entry Details during the Competition Period. Any entry received outside of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid..
- Entrants may enter the Competition only once.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated Prize delivery address and proof of entry validity, in order to claim a Prize. Acceptance of proof of eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof, their entry will be deemed invalid.
- All valid entries are automatically entered into the Winner Selection process, which will take place at the times and dates set out in the Schedule.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification details in the Schedule.
- All Prizes are as depicted or described in the Schedule and, unless otherwise specified, are not transferable or exchangeable for other items. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the Competition or in connection with taking up the Prizes.
- Once Prizes have left the Prize Supplier’s premises, no responsibility is taken for Prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize Supplier’s requirements.
- Winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the Promoter’s opinion, includes objectionable content.
- All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- The Promoter takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a Prize in this Competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or
permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
- Neither the Promoter nor the Prize Supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared), state of emergency or disaster, or other events beyond the Promoter and the Prize Supplier’s control which prevent the Competition from running as planned or prevent awarding or acceptance of the Prize in accordance with the Prize description. If such acts or events occur, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or suspend or modify a Prize, subject to state regulations.
- The Promoter and the Prize Supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. Subject to state regulations.
- All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to their full names, cafe name and/or their entries being used in all media by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required to participate in promotional activities while taking up the Prize.
- The Promoter may use entrants’ names and details for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. The Promoter may also be required to disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, co-promoter and to state and territory gaming departments to assist in conducting the Competition.
- Any entrant found to be using multiple accounts to enter the Competition may be disqualified at Australian Mushrooms sole discretion.
- The promoter has the right to audit the winner’s receipts from purchases they would like to be reimbursed within the $10 prize allocation, and the promoter has the right to reconsider repayment/ reimbursement if the conditions are not met.